Friday, 17 February 2012

Glam Nails!!!

Hey everyone, I'm quite excited to show you these nails I created! I know they aren't perfect by any means but admittedly it was my first attempt so I thought I'd show you guys :) Unfortunately the pink doesn't look as pretty as it does in person, my camera really didn't like it!! I used 2 different cameras to take the pictures so that's why the colours may look slightly off :)



Below are some pictures of what I used. The round thing is a chart of diffierent coloured gems, unfortunately I don't know where these are from as I got them as a gift a few Christmases ago! But I'm sure you can get them at any sort of craft shop. The OPI nail polishes from L-R were colours Pink Of Hearts, Alpine Snow, Need Sunglasses?, You're A Pisa Work, Fly and then Nail Envy Original as a base coat.


How to:

1.) Prep your nails as usual, make sure cuticles are pushed back, nice and neatly.
2.) Apply whichever base coat you like, I used OPI Nail Envy Original.
3.) Tip out the gems onto the table and make sure they are gem side up (they are flat on the other side) as it is a pain to turn them over when your nails are wet.
4.) Apply a really thick coat of polish onto the nail and immediately start applying the gems. I used my fingers as I found it was the easiest way for me. I started applying them at the top of the nail, working down the sides and then into the middle.
5.) You're done! I guess you could put a top coat on to secure the gems even more but I didn't want to risk it possibly making the gems look cloudy. It took me about 30 minutes per hand, a long time but so worth it!

I hope you all have fun recreating this look and I'd love to see what you come up with!! :) lots of love xx

8 comments:

  1. Super cute the design. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow they look great! You must have steady hands, wish I could do this.
    Well done!

    Xx

    poochytails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your nails look wicked! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loveeeeeeeeee! I need to get me some gem thingies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing!
    lovely post and blog!

    love,x
    elliebeaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your kind comments everyone!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow these look fierce! Love them! x

    http://fabugloss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow your nails look so cool! Love your blog btw x

    www.apieceof-me.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...