Wednesday, 18 April 2012

How To: Glitter Lips

Hello my lovelys!! I'm super excited to show you this post!! And I hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoyed writing it for you :) so basically the other day I was roaming my wonderful nail and beauty desk and I realised that the majority of the products I own have some form of shimmer and glitter in them... apart from my lipsticks! And what better way to put my new glitter to use than to create a glitter lip! Definitely not for the faint hearted ;)

I started by really moisturising my lips, I used a few coats of Nivea Hydro care and let that settle in for a few minutes. I applied lip liner (MAC In Synch) all around my lips, I then filled in all of the lip to create a one shade base, although I wouldn't suggest filling your lips in if you are prone to dry lips.

I put a pinkey/nude lipstick on and I used MAC Cremecup as it's my all time favourite! Apply 2 thick coats of your desired lip colour as that is what your glitter is going to be holding on to.

Now for the fun part! Dab your index finger (or whichever you have the best precision with) into the pot of glitter and start tapping into the centre of your lip. DO NOT use a rubbing motion as that will mix the glitter in with the lipstick, therefore losing the sparkle and making a royal mess on your lips. Keep dabbing your finger in the glitter until you get the desired thickness on your lips.
you rock them lips baby G's ;)
For around the edges of my lips I used a thin flat top paint brush to make the lines accurate, but it really is easy! I probably wouldn't suggest using this with lipgloss as the glitter would probably mix in and lose it's shine - but it's worth a try! I absolutely loved doing this look so please let me know what you think, and I'd love to see your recreations! Lots of love xox

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I don't know if I'd be able to rock this look but I loved seeing how intense the results were! I love this it's beautiful :]

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing thanks for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it!! great color too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nominated you for an award!!

    www.beyouforever.com

    xxIris

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have nice lips. and great glittering technique. It almost creates the same effect as violent lips (temporary tattoo).

    I'm loving your blog, I'm your newest follower! I hope you'll follow me back and we can keep in touch. I love discovering new blogs!

    http://chicadvisor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the follow lovely (:
    just looked through your entire blog and I'm loving the nail and lip posts. You have a knack for choosing colours and combinations.

    pongoandduke.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...